CHILD PROTECTION CENTER
RESULTS, IMPACT AND CHALLENGES
Achieved Results 2016
Our primary goal as a rehabilitation centre is to improve the living conditions of the victims to enable them live quality lives when reintegrated.
- In the first half of the year, twenty-seven (27) victims were discharged and reintegrated to their families.
- We enrolled six (6) children into formal education and one girl into skill training making the total of twenty-six (27) children.
- The centre employed four (4) new staffs in the security and cleaning departments respectively to provide adequate services in the two departments.
- We also had two interns MA Clinical Psychologist students who used music therapy with the children to improve their mental well-being in overcoming their individual trauma(s). In addition we still have one First degree Clinical Psychology student still doing her internship with us till the end of July.
- One volunteer from Spain continues to offer her selfless service to the children. Activities include games, creative art, sports and assisting the children in their homework.
- Increased in enrollment of children into formal education.
- Better improvement in communication skills of the children.
- Improved appreciable socially acceptable behaviour through encouragement and positive reinforcement.
- Better physical development of the children through the provision of nutritious and balanced meals.
Changes in the Project
We are grateful to the Project Development Office for their efforts to support the Centre. Through their support a four bed room staff/volunteer bungalow commission by the Rector Major Fr. Angel (SDB) has been built. We sincerely express our thanks to all our regular foreign donors.
P. O. Box 776
Ashaiman, Ghana-West Africa