The meetings was for all the 10 Schools from both Southern and Northern Sector of Ghana. These schools are being assisted through infrastructure and training to make their teaching environment more inclusive for the physically challenged and the socially disadvantaged.
Many were the discussions which centered on
- Sustainability of Inclusive Education.
- Development of Human Resource for proper implementation of Inclusive Education.
- Curriculum development for qualitative inclusive education.
- Best ways to implement Government Policies on Inclusive Education.
Some of the stakeholders present were
- Controller of Apprenticeship (Deputy Director of NVTI) Headquarters Accra.
- Chairman of Association of PTA’s (Northern Region).
- Hayford from UWE (University)
- Don Bosco West Africa Inclusive Education Team.
- Presidents of the Federations of People with Disabilities (PWD’s)
- Presidents of Queen Mothers Upper East & Upper West
There were representatives from the 10 beneficiary schools
- New Century Career Training Institute (NCCTI)
- Boabab Children Vocational Training Centre, Komenda
- Evangelical Presbyterian Technical Institute, Alavanyo
- Mary’s Vocational Training Institute, Asamankese
- St Bernadette’s Vocational Training Institute- Narongo
- St John’s Integrated School – Navrongo
- Basilide’s Vocational Training Institute –Kaleo
- Sawla Girls Vocational Training Institute -Sawla
- St Marys Vocational Training Institute- Tamale
- Sandema Senior High Technical School- Sandema
Some experts in Inclusive education like Mr Godfred Tay and Prof. Hayford from UWE (University) shared on the human resource development of Curricula by the University and the way-forward for inclusive school.
Thank you to all for making this a success.