Northern Ghana – The four year project is being sponsored by the Federal Ministry for economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), Africa Action/Deutschland and Engagement Global with the intention of creating suitable preconditions in terms of infrastructure, training, school management and educational engagement in the communities to provide equal access for young people with disabilities in Northern Ghana.
This is the second phase after DBYN has successfully implemented the first phase in the Southern sector of Ghana.
The project include training of trainers & School managers;
providing and adapting infrastructure, awareness raising & advocacy and promoting access for differently abled persons.
6 TVET schools from the 3 Northern Regions are involved.
● St. Basilide’s Technical/Vocational Institute (BASTVI), Kaleo, Upper West Region
● St. Mary’s Vocational Training Institute, Tamale, Northern Region
● Sawla Girls Vocational Training Institute, Sawla Northern Region
● St. John’s Integrated School (Special School)- Navrongo, Upper East Region
● St. Bernedette’s Technical Institute, Navorongo- Upper East Region
● The kick-off meeting took place at St. Mary’s Vocational Training Institute, Tamale
Thank you for supporting our work with the young.